27 Jan Stuffed Churro French Toast
Stuffed Churro French Toast
Stuffed with Dateables Date & Hazelnut Dark Chocolate Spread and coated in cinnamon sugar – this is the BEST French toast you’ll ever try!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
For the coating
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (adjust to suit your taste)
For the French toast
- 4 slices of old-fashioned thick cut white bread or yellow egg bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
- 8 tablespoons Dateables Date & Hazelnut Dark Chocolate Spread
- 1 teaspoon butter (to coat pan)
To make the coating
- Prepare the churro coating by combining the 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon onto a small plate; set aside.
To make the French toast
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Then add the cinnamon, vanilla extract, and date syrup.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of Dateables Date & Hazelnut Dark Chocolate Spread onto each slice of bread and sandwich 2 slices together to make 2 sandwiches.
- Place the sandwiches in the egg wash until the egg mixture is completely soaked into the bread.
- Heat a nonstick pan or skillet and add 1 teaspoon of butter to coat the pan. Fry the egg-soaked sandwiches on medium-low heat on both sides until golden, each side should take approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Press the French Toast down onto the prepared churro coating. Make sure all sides are equally coated like a churro or sugared donut.
Chef Secret: Serve with ice cream, berries, or drizzle even more Dateables Date & Hazelnut Dark Chocolate Spread.
©Copyright Fate Foods LLC. All Rights Reserved. Dateables.com