27 Jan Date & Cinnamon Breakfast Pastry
Date & Cinnamon Breakfast Pastry
Make these flaky pastries for breakfast or as a special treat. You will never look at boxed toaster pastries the same way again!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 breakfast pastries
For the crust
- 1 box pie crust (one with 2 crusts)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons almond milk (or milk of choice)
For the filling
- 1 cup Dateables Date & Cinnamon Spread
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
For the glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons milk, plus more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Dateables Date & Cinnamon Spread
- Preheat oven to 425⁰F.
To make the crust
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pie crusts and square the edges.
- Cut each crust into 6 rectangles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and 2 teaspoons of milk. Brush half of the pie crusts with the egg wash. This will help the filling adhere to the crusts.
To make the filling
- In another small bowl, combine the Dateables Date & Cinnamon Spread and flour.
- Place two tablespoons of filling onto the center of the 6 pie crusts with the egg wash. Spread out but keep about 1/4 inch from the edge.
- Top with another piece of pie crust. Use a fork to crimp all four edges. Repeat until all the pie crust is used. You will have 6 breakfast pastries.
- Brush the top of the pastries with the remaining egg wash.
- Place onto the prepared sheet pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
To make the glaze
- In a bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, pure vanilla extract and Dateables Date & Cinnamon Spread. Whisk until smooth, adding more milk if needed.
- Drizzle over pastries and serve immediately.
©Copyright Fate Foods LLC. All Rights Reserved.