27 Jan Date-Hazelnut-Dark Chocolate Pie
A delicious twist on a holiday classic! This hazelnutty and chocolatey pie is perfect to enjoy with your family and friends during the holiday season!
Date-Hazelnut-Dark Chocolate Pie
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 50 minutes
Cool time: 4 hours
Total time: 5 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Dateables Date & Hazelnut Dark Chocolate Spread
- 3/4 cup date syrup
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup diced dates
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 egg white (for pie crust and hazelnuts)
- 1-1/4 cup whole blanched hazelnuts
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Pre-heat an oven to 350°F.
- Put sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add the Dateables Date & Hazelnut Dark Chocolate Spread, date syrup, slightly beaten eggs, butter and vanilla; stir until well blended.
- Stir in diced dates.
- Brush the unbaked pie crust with egg whites. Then, pour in the filling.
- Lightly toss the whole blanched hazelnuts into the remaining egg whites.
- Arrange the hazelnuts on top of the pie in the shape of a wheel.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Remove from oven to wire rack. Cool the pie to room temperature for 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with whipped topping (or ice cream).
©Copyright Fate Foods LLC. All Rights Reserved. Dateables.com