27 Jan Date & Peanut Barbecue Sauce
Date & Peanut Barbecue Sauce
This quick and easy barbecue sauce doesn’t have any added sugar, just dates and peanuts! This sweet and tangy sauce is perfect for your next outdoor cookout.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup Dateables Date & Peanut Spread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Heat a saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add all ingredients, stir to combine, and bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes. You don’t want it to boil, just get warmed through. Heating will allow the date spread to soften and the flavors to combine.
- Transfer the barbecue sauce to a blender or food processor and blend on high for 2 minutes. (Be careful when blending warm liquids)
- Store in an airtight container or wide mouth Mason jar. The sauce will keep refrigerated for at least 2 weeks or frozen for 1 year.
©Copyright Fate Foods LLC. All Rights Reserved.