27 Jan Date Pecan Bread
Date Pecan Bread
This sweet bread is packed with dates and pecans. It is excellent on its own and even better topped with the chunky cream cheese spread. Perfect for fall!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
Cooling time for spread: 1 hour
Total Time: 2 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
For the bread
- 2-1/2 cups Dateables Date & Cinnamon Spread
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the spread
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Dateables Date & Cinnamon Spread
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
To make the bread
- Place Dateables Date & Cinnamon Spread in a large bowl. Combine boiling water and baking soda; pour over date spread.
- In another large bowl, add sugar. Then, beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Add the flour mixture alternately with the date mixture Then stir in the pecans.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
To make the spread
- In a small bowl, combine all the spread ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving with bread.
©Copyright Fate Foods LLC. All Rights Reserved.