20 Oct Stuffed Date & Peanut Butter Cookies
Stuffed Date & Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies are crunchy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. It will leave you wanting more!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 13 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 cookies
For the filling
- 1 cup Dateables Date & Peanut Spread
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
For the cookies
- 1/2 cup Dateables Date & Peanut Spread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
To make the filling
- In a medium bowl, combine the Dateables Date & Peanut Spread and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Scoop into small balls, approximately 1 tablespoon and freeze until ready to use. This will be helpful when assembling the cookies.
To make the cookies
- In a mixing bowl, combine Dateables Date & Peanut Spread, butter, sugars and beat until the mixture is fluffy and well incorporated.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Then add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 5 to 10 minutes, so it’s easier work with.
- Take 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and flatten into a circle. Place the frozen filling in the center. Then take another 1 tablespoon of dough and place on top of the filling.
- Pinch the edges of the doughs together and roll into a ball. Add more dough if necessary and make sure the filling is fully covered.
- Roll the stuffed cookie dough ball in sugar and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used, spacing the cookies around 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden on the bottom, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
©Copyright Fate Foods LLC. All Rights Reserved.